First off, I’d like to thank everyone who’s helped me with this, including, but not limited to everyone who helped choose shows, everyone who voted and predicted, Jack B Nimble for all the blog stuff and especially, Rand al’Thor, for helping me, giving positive feedback and defending this entire event multiple times.
And now, the results! I’m happy to write that 29 members voted and 19 predicted. The bold numbers represent how many people voted for each series.
- Star Trek: The Original Series went boldly where no show had gone before and lost to Star Trek: The Next Generation. 17/3
- Futurama beat Rick and Morty. 17/3
- Adventure Time just barely lost to MLP: Friendship is Magic. 9/8
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer slew Angel. 12/8
- Nu-Who beat Classic Doctor Who so much it couldn’t even regenerate. 20/2
- The Legend of Korra couldn’t redirect Avatar: The Last Airbender‘s lightning. 11/4
- LOST lost. The X-Files won. 15/4
- Batman: The Animated Series beat Classic Batman like it was the Joker’s henchman. 11/4
- And the twist is that The Twilight Zone beat The Outer Limits. 11/5
- “This is a rebellion, isn’t it? I
rebel lose to Star Wars: The Clone Wars“. 12/5
- TMNT (2012) was dishonorable defeated by TMNT (Original). 12/5
- “When you play the Game of Thrones, you either win, or you die.” Let’s just say they didn’t die to The Walking Dead. 9/7
- Babylon 5 wasn’t the one who only got 5 votes. That was Battlestar Galactica (2004). 10/5
- The Flash just barely outran Arrow. 9/8
- Justice League Unlimited apparently has unlimited appeal, compared to The Spectacular Spider-Man. 10/1
- Farscape beat Red Dwarf. 12/8
- Daredevil beat Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Blindfolded. 12/5
- Supernatural superbeat Once Upon a Time. 10/4
- Stargate: SG-1 beat The Sarah Conner Chronicles across all of time and space. 14/4
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy defeated The Incredible Hulk. He’s presumably quite angry now. 10/6
- Gravity Falls gravity fell. Transformers won. 9/6
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch beat ALF, therefore answering the age old question “who’s more popular, a magical teenager girl, or a minuscule alien who enjoys consuming cats?” 12/7
- Quantum Leap quantum leapt right over Torchwood. 14/8
- Firefly kept flying right past Fringe. 21/5
Here are the prediction recaps. Bold means the show is still in the running.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: 4
- Firefly: 3
- Nu-Who: 3
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: 2
- Daredevil: 2
- Game of Thrones: 2
- Batman: The Animated Series: 2
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 1
- Star Trek: The Original Series: 1
And now, on to The Great Science-Fiction/Fantasy TV Showdown, Round Two!
After thinking about it for a long time, I’ve decided to arrange the surviving shows in an attempt to prevent steam-rolling. This may not not be entirely “fair” but I argue it gives better data on what shows are more popular among our user-base. For example, everyone knows that Firefly is far more popular than Once Upon a Time, but as of now, we don’t really know whether Supernatural or Sabrina the Teenage Witch are more popular.
- The Heavy Contenders #1: Star Trek: The Next Generation and Nu-Who
- The Heavy Contenders #2: Game of Thrones and Firefly
- Dave Filoni: Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Avatar: The Last Airbender
- DC Animated: Justice League Unlimited and Batman: The Animated Series
- Marvel VS DC: The Flash and Daredevil
- Science Fiction with Numbers in their Names: Babylon 5 and Stargate: SG-1
- #80’s: Transformers (Original) and TMNT (Original)
- Animation Across the Nations, 2.0 Edition: Futurama and MLP: Friendship is Magic
- Old School: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Series) and Quantum Leap
- 90’s and Beyond: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The X-Files
- Left-Overs (Part 1): Farscape and The Twilight Zone (Original)
- Left-Overs (Part 2): Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Supernatural
It’s too late to predict, but you can still vote for Round Two! Just click here.
Remember, you can also chat about all aspects of the competition here!