The Stack Exchange Science Fiction & Fantasy Community Blog is a community run effort, aimed at producing quality information of interest to the community on topics and questions that might not be suitable on the main site.
All the content here is produced by members of the community and we are always excited to welcome new writers – there’s no hefty commitments to worry about, we won’t mind if you just write one good post and leave it at that, although obviously we’d be grateful if you have an entire series hanging around waiting to be written.
If you’re interested in helping out then pop along to the main site chat room and let us know what you’re interested in writing. Also check out the meta post that goes into detail about how to submit, writing style, and so forth.
We’re looking for a wide variety of topics and games to be written about, so if you’ve got something interesting you’d like to write about then please let us know. Some suggested topics include:
- Reviews of books, TV series, comics, or films (sci-fi or fantasy game reviews are better suited over at our cousin’s place), whether something newly released, or a classic more people should know about.
- Reviews of events – local conventions, exhibitions, or anything else scifi/fantasy related in your area.
- Important news or developments within the sci-fi/fantasy world, especially with interesting and insightful commentary attached.
- Editorials on sci-fi/fantasy works or the industry.
- Deeper discussion of questions and topics raised on the main site.
- Anything else to do with science fiction & fantasy that’ll be interesting!
Yes, I want to contribute! How?
- First, you need to have an account on the main site, and to be logged into it. So log in if you haven’t done so already.
- Now visit the dashboard. This will create an account associated with your main site account if necessary, and log you into it.
- A basic account only lets you leave comments signed by you. If you want to write posts, you need to upgrade to a Contributor account. Request the upgrade from one of the blog admins in the chatroom or on meta. The blog admins are the site moderators (with a ♦ next to their name): Gilles, Keen, Pearsonartphoto.
- With a Contributor account, a New > Post menu entry appears in the top bar. Click on that and start writing. Check the meta thread or other recent blog threads if you’d like to know what kind of topics we’re seeking now.
- When your post is ready, see with Jack B Nimble, our blog coordinator, about a posting date. You can contact him in the chatroom or on the meta thread.